Prev: Re: The Kra'Vak Next: Call for Alternates

Re: [FT extra rules]

From: laserlight <laserlight@m...>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 21:24:41 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT extra rules]

John L said
> > Guys,
> >	 Just to keep the discussion alive, try a VERY simple solution.
> > Escorts are -1 (to hit) targets.
> > Cruisers are 0 (to hit) targets.
> > Capitals are +1 (to hit) targets.
> > Superships over 100+ mass are either +1 or +2, as you like it.
> >
> > Just a thought,
> > John L.

Richard Slattery replied

> Ok for FT and MT since they use classes, but I was intending it for
> the FB. Also, I think i'd prefer the -1 for corvettes or smaller.

I wouldn't bother, personally.	I see your point, though.  You can take
the
square of the cube root of the mass as being proportional to the "base"
modifier, and then let people modify it for different ship
configurations.
A sphere might be defined as the basic shape.  A longer, narrower ship
might make the bow and stern aspect = base-1 while making the other four
aspects = base+2.  Or you could take base+1 or 2 for all aspects and
call
it a dispersed structure ship, capable of launching fighters faster.....
However, this would affect other things as well.  For example, armor
should
be affected by the square/cube root ratio, to the benefit of larger
ships.
Sensor signature would also be affected.  You could do a lot of math
here--or just not worry about it.

Prev: Re: The Kra'Vak Next: Call for Alternates