Prev: RE: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re:

RE: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 22:17:27 -0500
Subject: RE: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle

Tom spake, & it was good:

>Of course, this can be defeated by hiding squad qualities (put them
>on a sheet, or keep the counters flipped down and use some other
>method to illustrate that they have moved). They the only ways you'd
>know are
>1. Your intel todl you  (before the game or maybe as an EW spotting
>type action)
>2. determinism (boy those guys can't hit squat, I think they might be
>green) when they fire - but by then you've made some of these
>decisions

I've always hid unit counters.	Used other spare counters to represent
activation.  Let the enemy figure out my leadership, quality 7
confidence
from my actions.

As for 2, we always envisioned it like this:

The activated squad (Green/3) opens fire.  The player gets out the tape,

measures, checks his sheet, and mutters 'Ugh.'	He grabs a few dice, and

says 'OK, roll a d12 for range.'

On the field, gunfire is heard.  A PFC looks up from his ration bar, and

asks: 'Hey, Corp, are they shooting at us?'

Noah

Prev: RE: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: