Prev: Re: Figure's Personal Equipment Next: RE: GZG FH: Blue water navy.

[OT] RW New on New IW for the French

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 21:57:35 -0500
Subject: [OT] RW New on New IW for the French

Just saw a piece on the news today. French have a rifle with an optic
on it that feeds (via I think RF or IR) a monocle on the helmet of
the user. Lets the user fire around building corners and over cover
while only exposing his hands since he can sight accurately through
the rifle remote sight - not perfect, but cuts your risks in an urban
environment.

We just keep on churning out newer and better tools of destruction.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: Figure's Personal Equipment Next: RE: GZG FH: Blue water navy.