Prev: Re: (FT) Kra'Vak Name Scheme Next: Re: 20mm Figures for SGII (was Figure's Personal Equipment)

Re: 20mm Figures for SGII (was Figure's Personal Equipment)

From: PERRYG1@a...
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 23:19:35 EDT
Subject: Re: 20mm Figures for SGII (was Figure's Personal Equipment)

<<  And secondly I'd actually like to suggest an
 alternative,  I have recently been shopping around 20mm WWII figs and I
was
 stunned, the quality of many manufacturers completely blows away most
 25/28mm manufaturers (GZG included), PLUS, the figs ALL have a
realistic
 amount of kit.  In particular worth looking at for use in sci-fi are
late
 war German SS Panzergrenadiers with assault rifles, thier smocks,
helmets
 and weapons don't look out of place when comaperd with  modern/near
future
 figs and with a bit of careful shopping around moutain troops and
others
 equiped with rucksacks can be found.  I think one other advantage of
the
 20mm figs may be the problem of crowded table that can occur with 25/28
 (more especially the latter) platoons.  I have seen games with a couple
of
 platoons of 20mm figs plus 20mm AFVs on a 6x4 table and they do not
look
 too squashed in.  And remember, 20mm (ish) buildings are easily
available
 in model railway stores !

 OK so rant mode is now off, comments anyone ?
 (flames to personal email please rather than the list).

 Stuart Murray

I agree with you on the versitility of 20mm for SGII. In addition to GZG
figures, I also have a ton of Blade miniatures 20mm figures and
vehicles.
These (IMO) are very nice figures. Does anyone else use them ? I mix
them with
20mm historical/"modern" types from Combat Miniatures (Arab-Israeli,
Falklands, Soviets, Afgans) and SHQ (Vietnam, Gulf War). The "modern"
20mm
make good militia and para-military types and "lower-tech" regulars to
the
"high-tech" blade miniatures. All of my 20mm terrain buildings and
fortifications for  my WWII stuff are useful as well. There is a lot to
be
said for 20mm.....

Any thoughts on the subject ?

Perry

Prev: Re: (FT) Kra'Vak Name Scheme Next: Re: 20mm Figures for SGII (was Figure's Personal Equipment)