Prev: RE: GZG FH: Blue water navy. Next: Re: [SG] Rules for aliens

RE: [SG] Rules for aliens

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 21:20:33 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG] Rules for aliens

Well, I don't know of any pre-existing rules for 'Greys' outside of a
few
RPGs, but I give it a few shots:

1)Questionable Morale
These guys always seem to be sneaking around, and bug out as soon as
anybody shows up.  Maybe something like what many wargames use to
simulate
American morale in early WW2: run away pretty easily, and regroup even
faster.  Penalty on confidence tests, bonus to rally tests.

2)Weirdo Tech
Always pulling something out of their kit.  Paralysis ray, vehicular
immobilizer, matter transmuter, anal probe, whatever.  They always seem
have some sort of PSB device at their beck & call.  For each squad, roll

from a list of special powers.	You'd need to have some useless ones on
there too, like Crop Circle Maker, Bovine Rectum & Tongue Remover,
Redneck
Detector, you get the idea.  These may have no combat effects, but would
be
important for victory conditions ('Remove anuses, tongues & 1 eyeball
from
75% of all livestock in enemy's area.  1 action to mutilate one
animal.').

3)Hangers-On
More groupies than they can shake a stick at.  UFO loonies, 'abductees',

clueless FBI agents (hey, we've got minis for those 2!), various
secretive
military groups trying to capture the Greys, kill them, capture people
who
see them, kill people who see them, capture themselves, you get the
idea.
 Thankfully, this is StarGrunt, and you can shoot most of these people.
 Especially if you're a lonely, backwaters, dirtball colony garrison.

I could think of more, but there's flashing lights outside, and the
power
is flicker