Prev: Re: Brentor on space war Re: Submarines in space Next: RE: John Atkinson

Re: Newbie question

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 23:06:14 GMT
Subject: Re: Newbie question

On Thu, 01 Oct 1998 16:23:08 -0500, Andy Akins <igor@ames.net> wrote:

>I'm writing (like many of you have) a spreadsheet program to build
ships
>using the system in the Fleet Book. Once I made it, I decided to test
it,
>using the example ship given in the design section. I come up short on
one
>item: the example gives the Screen-1 mass as being 5, whereas I figure
it to
>be four.

I can't find my copy of the Fleet Book errata. It's possible that this
is an
error. I checked my own spreadsheet, which I used to help Jon work out
the
Fleet Book values, and my spreadsheet calculates it as a mass of 4, too.

Allan Goodall	       agoodall@sympatico.ca

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: Brentor on space war Re: Submarines in space Next: RE: John Atkinson