Prev: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle

Re: (OT) Probability vs Heuristic Game Design was (Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle...

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 18:30:30 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: Re: (OT) Probability vs Heuristic Game Design was (Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle...

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Tim Jones wrote:

> It wasn't a scare tactic,

No offense taken.

> why should I want to *scare* anyone?

Why should anyone want to send me anonymous email claiming I've ripped
off
an author I've never heard of in my life? Why should anyone want to
publish a rather unflattering picture claiming it's me at GenCon when
I've
never set foot in the state of Wisconsin (or where ever it is held)?

I can't fathom these guys. Can you?

Btw: I used to think you needed some sort of standards and intellect to
get into Harvard. Not anymore...

> but someone (not me!)
> might incorrectly, consider you a minimaxer for doing it.

Just curious: Why did you think it would be worthwhile to let me know
that? Did you think I didn't already know?

(I have a longer rant about "minmaxing" in general I might post in a few
days)

> As you have
> a special personal page for people to post hate mail about you to, I
> assumed someone in the past must have thought you were/are perhaps?

Rules lawyer, minmaxer and munchkin are among the nicer terms I've been
called.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly