Prev: Re: John Atkinson Next: (OT) Probability vs Heuristic Game Design was (Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle...

Re: [OT?] Indigenous insurgencies

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 23:36:14 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: [OT?] Indigenous insurgencies

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, John Atkinson wrote:

> *Ding, Ding*	Cluebus arriving. . .

What's a cluebus?  Some kind of a street car with answers painted on its
side?:)

> My dear boy, there is a great difference between a coup, revolution,
> civil war, and guerilla war.	The latter his protracted low-intensity

I thought we were talking about insurgencies here, (i.e. the militant
opposition to an established government) and not just guerilla war.
After
all, guerilla war by itself is just a tool for insurgencies, along with
propaganda, "conventional" war, etc.
There are many examples of *insurgencies* winning, but as to guerilla
war... by your definition of it (i.e. a stage of a revolution) certainly
wouldn't "win" on its own.
Of course, throughout all of these, popular support is the key.

-----

Even the engineers are not *this* depraved.  This must be the work of
the
Med. students.

						- A friend of mine

-----