Prev: Re: Planetary defenses Next: Re: [FB] Rules for Fleet Book Kra'Vak

Re: FT at MOAB is OFF!

From: Nic Robson <nicr@e...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 21:28:46 +1000
Subject: Re: FT at MOAB is OFF!

Dear Geoffrey,

Very sorry to hear that, but I do sympathise with you, forward planning
doesn't seem to be a strong point in Australia at the moment. Witness
the
debacle with the gas down here in Melbourne!

See you at the weekend I hope,

Nic

Eureka Miniatures

At 08:19 AM 9/30/98 +1000, you wrote:

>Hello All
>
>To those on this list who were thinking of taking part in the FT comp
at
MOAB,
>or have actually entered, I must regretfully inform you that the
competition has
>been cancelled. As of yesterday evening there had only been two(2)
official
>entries, plus a few others who had contacted me by email, some of whom
said they
>were playing, others who said they were "interested". Given that four
days
out
>from the comp I only had two definite starters, cancellation was the
only
viable
>alternative.
>To any out there who wanted to enter, who perhaps were just going to
turn
up on
>the day, you should have put your entries in! I have organised quite a
few
comps
>in the past, and have found that the informality that often
charcaterises
>Australian comps of this kind makes the orgainser's task impossible. I
have had
>people phone me and assure me that ther would be "four players from
Smithville
>for sure", and then only one turns up on the day, or people who phone
me a
few
>days before as a "definite", then don't show at all, when later queried
,
thay
>say "something came up at the last minute".
>It is unfair and unreasonable to expect a comp to be oraginsed withpout
definte
>entires; the orgainser's task is impossible - how many tables are
needed, how
>much spaces, how much terrain should be supplied, what draw system will
be
used
>&c &c?  Filling out a form and paying your money shows you are in
earnest,
>anything less shows, to my mind, that you aren't serious, or at least
want to
>keep your options open, which isn't good enough.
>An FT comp will be on offer  next year at MOAB, perhaps we will do
better
then.