Prev: RE: [list] sanity check Next: Re: [DS2] Damage Table

Re: [LIST] Splitting the Mailing List Suggestion

From: Jonathan White <Jw4@b...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:49:51 +0100

>2) Who will list admin this new list? Johnathan has enough to do (I
>would think). You volunteering?
I've kept out of the 'splitting the lists' debate (didn't want to be
seen
to be pushing one view) but I will have to say this is correct. Firstly,
simply wouldn't have the time to administer another list. I do it for a
couple as it is and I have a job and a life too.  I can live without a
third more error messages to sort through every morning - this is a
standard morning and I have 215(!). Now think of a third more. Now think
of
weekends. Ugh. But this is personal. If someone wants to run a DS/SG
specific list that's fine by me, but I am of the opinion that this list
should stay as general as possible even if it does mean occasionally I
have
to stamp threads that get too far from the remit.

Secondly, I don't think Bolton Institute would really be willing to host
another 'non organisation' list with this sort of level of traffic.
You'd
need to find another host.

				TTFN
					Jon
-----
"Information doesn't want to be free, it wants to be liberated and
expensive"
Jonathan White, Psychology Section, Bolton Institute
BWFC fans list site : www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist

Prev: RE: [list] sanity check Next: Re: [DS2] Damage Table