Prev: Re: [LIST] Splitting the Mailing List Suggestion Next: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle

Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 13:35:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

W. spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> I realize that this method takes a leap of faith, but seems to work
rather
> well in my 2 weekly groups (neither, sad to say, are playing GZG games
> right now).  We also play with limited control, so the commander can
make
> a general order, but the player interprets that order as s/he please.
> can see a problem if you have people in your group with overactive
egos.
> However, it really is the only way to go when you're playing a wargame
> with 6 to 8 people playing regularly.

Fraid I can't agree. I've seen and done this one on and off for years
now. In our groups, we either have people excercising there own
dominion and 'doing their own thing' (which is sometimes chaotic but
often entertaining) or we have leadership by consensus of plan. No
single person on a side necessarily MUST be given the right ot call
the plays - it is possible for everyone to contribute and help in the
decision making process. It is also possible for the dissatisfied to
ignore 'Royal Proclamations' and do their own 'best judgement'
actions anyway. In short, there are more ways under Heaven and Earth,
Horatio, than that one way of organizing siz to eight people. Depends
a lot on your players.

:) Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009