Prev: re: planetary invasion Next: Re: Splitting the Mailing List Suggestion

Re: [list] Have I been Kicked Off the List (Again)?

From: tom.anderson@a...
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 10:58:00 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [list] Have I been Kicked Off the List (Again)?

 ---- the ferrous mobility-impaired Don wrote:
> The subject line says it all. I haven't recieved any posts for a day
or two,
> is it me or is the list just in a slump?

i have noticed that the list traffic seems to be quite bursty -
sometimes i wait for a day and then get 50 or so messages all at once.
this could be:

(a) the list server at bolton, doing its updates when a message buffer
gets full

(b) the internet mail delivery system, which isn't exactly real-time

(c) my email account

has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Tom