Prev: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf. -Reply Next: Re: *New DS2/SG2 website*

Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.

From: "Roger Gerrish" <rgerrish@p...>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 19:06:53 +0100
Subject: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark A. Siefert. <cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu>
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk <FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk>
Date: 28 September 1998 17:54

>Roger Gerrish wrote:
>
>> Don't think you need to worry about the design changes, after all the
40K
>> Universe theoretically has ships in it that	are over 10,000 years
old,
some
>> of the ships in frontline service are based on reclaimed Space Hulks
which
>> were lost in the distant past

Mark S wrote
> Just as long as they kept the Gothic Class Battleship, and didn't
>change it too much.

The stats for the Gothic now show it as a 'lance heavy'  cruiser, don't
know
if there will be a new miniature or not, (I personally love the Gothic
miniature.

> The two new Imperial ships they presented in WD were fantastic!  I'd
>love to see what they've done for the rest of them.

I've a lot of the new miniature design, I'll think you will be
impressed,
although I dread to think what the price for some of the BBs might be.>
>> I can't comment on any of the additional stuff as I'm playtesting and
as
>> with the FTFB for GZG I can't let much slip....however there are
rules
for
>> Fighters, Boarding Combat, Wierd weapons, Exterminatus scenarios and
>> pretty decent campaign system that has some quite unique features.
>
> So this is a real, honest-to-Bog project?  They are serious about
>releasing this  thing in the not too distant future. (Next Sunday A.D.)

Somtime first half next year (I think) full box game with plastic
multi-part
miniatures, additional guns, fighter bays etc.>

>>I'm just lucky that I live in Nottingham and am friendly with
>> the GW designers who have asked me to playtest BG.
>
> You mean the Evil Empire actually DOES playtest their games?	Or is
>this a first?

Yeah they do, but usually in-house, they know I'm into Spaceship games
so
they're letting me have a go.

> So far, what I've seen is pretty playable.  Torps need some tweaking
>movement-wise.

> When I've played a few real games with some real
>opponents, I'll type up a report to Mr. Chambers.

I understand from Andy that there has been a lot of corrospondance
generated
by the WD article.

Prev: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf. -Reply Next: Re: *New DS2/SG2 website*