Prev: Re: Multi-table scanarios Next: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.

Re: Multi-table scanarios

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 15:12:50 +0100
Subject: Re: Multi-table scanarios

At 17:51 25/09/98 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 9/25/98 9:48:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
>jefflyon@mail.utexas.edu writes:
>
><< >I've got this idea which was inspired by someone who ran an
incredible
>Custer
> >Last stand scenario. You get like a half dozen tables. They don't
have
to be
> >together, but they can be linked by certain "passes" etc.
>
> A guy I've met was talking about running a Stalingrad scenario like
this at
> a con; urban fighting through big factory complexes.
>
> Anyway your version sounds cool, too.
>
> Jeff
>  >>

>I've played a Stalingrad scenario similar to this.  The GM (Buck Surdu,
using
>his own Beer and Pretzels Skirmish) had constructed a number of rooms,
but
>they were not linked up until you got guys into them and "explored".
Made
for
>some nasty suprises, especially for the Germans, who got their map
wrong and
>wandered right into a nasty Soviet crossfire...
>
>Later
>
>Brian

These are the types of scenarios I would love to play but never get
enough
players to get them to work.  One of the ideas we had but never cam off
sadly was to hire out a small hall for a weekend and have a massive game
of
spacehulk with multiple sets.  Each level being represented by a set.
My
own pet project is to run an entire full thrust campaign over a weekend.
No tech advances or economy just force based.
Niall Gilsenan,
DIT Cathal Brugha St, Dublin, Ireland.
http://members.tripod.com/~Cwintel/Scifi.html

Prev: Re: Multi-table scanarios Next: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.