Prev: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf. Next: RE: [SG2] Base textures ...Was: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

Re: Planetary defenses

From: "Darryl Adams" <darryl_adams@o...>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 13:02:49 +1000
Subject: Re: Planetary defenses

The problem here is that with any non underground defence system, a
decent
EMP blast would knock it out. Or a nuke.

I would argue any planetary defence has to be off planet (keep off
planet
stupid : Howard Anderson TFN [Starfire]), with support ships (Monitors
and
Planetary Defence Cruisers). The problem here is big is vunerable, and
small
lacks firepower.

Also needed is lots of fighters to block any holes in your coverage.

Darryl