Prev: Re: still FMA-40k Next: Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

Re: GZG FH: Blue water navy.

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 01:07:06 +0100
Subject: Re: GZG FH: Blue water navy.

	Sorry John but I think you only got it half right. Sure surface
ships are
going to have major problems with Grav tanks when they get close inshore
as
well as further out to sea if the tanks have top class ECM and stealth.
What will deffinately set them apart is length of deployment. A ship can
stay on station for weeks either blockading or simply getting from one
place to another. A Tank is going to get rather ripe inside after a
couple
of days semi coped-up.
	The one warship that will remain unchallenged except by its own
is the
submarine. You'll get Boomer types that carry orbital defences and the
hunter-killers to track them down or defend them.
	Just had an image flash through my head of a Los Angles class
sub doing a
para drop into the Pacific. When you go to sieze a planet you drop not
only
the PA infantry to secure a beechhead, but you also drop your attack
subs
to clear out the defences.
	Its late.

	Tony.