Prev: Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them? Next: Re: Multi-table scanarios

Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 08:23:28 -0600
Subject: Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

>I textured a couple of my bases, as an experiment, using a mud mixture
I use
>in 1/35 scale armor modelling. It's a mixture of Elmer's type glue,
coffee
>grounds and brown acrylic paint (Tamiya Flat Earth in this case). Looks
>pretty good.
>
>-Buji

Dry cut tea (loose or from tea bags) also works well.
Mix PVA and mud-brown paint, and while still wet, cover
with a mix of tea with a small amount of "medium turf"
ground foam (for a few plants). Wait about 5 minutes,
then turn the figure sideways and tap the base to remove
the excess "turf". After it's dry, paint over the "turf"
with thinned (3:1) PVA. You don't even need to drybrush,
because the color of the tea varies.

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them? Next: Re: Multi-table scanarios