Prev: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle Next: RE: [SGII] What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 08:09:08 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

You wrote:

>what figures. How do you have them painted up?
>Are you using "historical" camo patterns or colors? I've done the
following:

OK, let me make a confession:

I paint all my SF ground stuff in one paint scheme.  DSII and SGII
both.  It's a dark grey (Used to use Testor's Panzer Grey) with black
'tigerstripes' and off-white (Testor's Camoflage Grey) spots.  Why?

1)If you drop it on white tile floors, the dark grey shows up nicely.

2)If you drop it on dark blue carpeting, the white spots show up
nicely.

3)It's completely ahistorical.

4)It's inspired by WWI 'dazzle' camoflage for naval vessels.

5)It doesn't matter anyway, because in the Real World, the Nea Rhomaioi
use 'adaptive' paints which can be altered to fit terrain.  I can't
afford a set of equipment painted in every paint scheme that might be
authorized--Woodland (Think NATO Tricolor), Jungle (less black, lighter
greens), Artic (white with white blotches), Desert, Steppe, Martian
Plain, Airless Vacuum, or whatever Science-fictional terrain we may
find it profitable to fight over.

The tanks, infantry, and Stargrunt uniforms all look like this.  For SG
figs I add detail--web gear and weapons are all black, visors are RP's
"Steel" (Metallic not-quite-black), etc.  Aircraft are a generic
gunship grey, with metallic gold Chi-Rhos as national insignia.

John M. Atkinson