Prev: Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them? Next: RE: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 12:49:04 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> This, in theory at least, sounds good. It would need a lot of very
careful
> thought and planning to put into practice, because it wouldl have to
be
> generic enough to be useful with most forces that players will have
> available, heowever that isn't to say it couldn't be done.

I've always been for generic scenarios. Go for it. However, balancing
something like this ("Roll up your troops") is very difficult. We must
remember that Charlie Company is *very* different in style -- it's
players
vs. GM, and the GM can adjust the scenario *midgame* without the players
noticing, simply by adding or removing hidden VC forces.

> The main thing
> that I've gathered from the recent discussion is not that we need a
points
> systems for its own sake, but that what is needed is a way of at least
> roughly balancing ad-hoc games; how many people would be happy with
> achieving this in a non-points-based way, such as suggested here?

Is there something particularly wrong with PhilP's point system?
Couldn't
it be used as a starting point?

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't