Prev: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: [MISC] Point Systems

Re: Bugs

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:41:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Bugs

I'd love to do something at one of these cons where we all hook up. RE:
this
SST thing. Call is an SST campaign.
First there is the Dirstide part.
I've got this idea which was inspired by someone who ran an incredible
Custer
Last stand scenario. You get like a half dozen tables. They don't have
to be
together, but they can be linked by certain "passes" etc. For instance
Table 5
may only be accessible from table 3 and 1. If your platoon on table five
runs
into a Bug attack, then platoons on table  2 haveto move through 4 to 3
to 2 to
get to you. Can lead to getting cut off if the MI commander doesn't play
thing
right. Anyway, under one or more of the tables, the Bug commanders have
mapped
out a tunnel complex. The rules for this portion could be lifted
straight out
of AH SST first edition. There could be nuclear minds plus a few hives
of ants
with Brains etc. One of the complex areas leads to teh prisoner area, or
it
could lead to a brain bug OR queen area. Rules for the DS SST combat
came come
right from Karl Johnson's rules.

Eventually if the right tunnel area is found, then we interface right
into a
Stargrunt thing. A couple of sqauds now head undergorund. Another table
would
be set up with cavescape or some homespun version of that tunnel
terrain.
Again, the Bug commander has prepositioned forces in the complex as the
MI
commander searches out the area looking for his objective.

Like I said, I saw Pete panzeri do something similar to this with Custer
using
25mm 1:1. He had the whole seventh Cavalry and all the indians and 4 or
5
tables. It was quite a sight to behold and the players all had an
awesome
experience. Now for some ideas to flesh it out.

Anyway, just thinking out loud.  BTW I will palce the antz order
tomorrow. I'll
probably order about 15 gross, plus spiders and flies too.

Los

Prev: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: [MISC] Point Systems