Prev: GZG FH: Blue water navy. Next: Re: GZG FH: Blue water navy.

Re: SV: [SG2] You'll never take me alive,... [OT]

From: John and Roxanne Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:43:49 -0700
Subject: Re: SV: [SG2] You'll never take me alive,... [OT]

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Mikko wrote:
>
> > > criminals used assault guns so far this year; there was an...
> incident
> > > some years back when a madman took an AK-4 and fired straight into
...snip...JTL
> I fully agree. The original statement, however, was something like
> "...criminals use all kinds of weapons from popguns to assault
rifles."
> *This* is what John A. called a "myth" - or at least what I percieved
him
> calling a myth - and it is what I (strongly) disagree with. The entire
> spectrum exists.
>
> Regards,
>
> Oerjan Ohlson

     While I must agree that a 'wide spectrum' of weapons exist in the
hands of criminals, (including the nut case with the tank south of
Los Angeles).	I think the point John was trying to make was that the
likelyhood of being shot with  an 'assault rifle/uzi/ATGM/whatever' is
very small compared to chance of being shot with a 'normal' pistol
or rifle.   One must realize that the 'miniscule statistical chance'
is much more important when when one happens to be the target.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: GZG FH: Blue water navy. Next: Re: GZG FH: Blue water navy.