Prev: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" Next: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

From: "chadtaylor" <chadtaylor@d...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:21:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

> >Jeff
>
> This, in theory at least, sounds good. It would need a lot of very
careful
> thought and planning to put into practice, because it wouldl have to
be
> generic enough to be useful with most forces that players will have
> available, heowever that isn't to say it couldn't be done. The main
thing
> that I've gathered from the recent discussion is not that we need a
points
> systems for its own sake, but that what is needed is a way of at least
> roughly balancing ad-hoc games; how many people would be happy with
> achieving this in a non-points-based way, such as suggested here?
>
> Jon (GZG)

OK, I admit defeat (and I only just started).  But wouldn't the easiest
way
to accomplish the above be to use a points system?  After all, how can
you
get more generic than a points system?	So, does this mean that you
intend
to remove the points system from FT or DS on the same theory?

Chad

Prev: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" Next: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle