Prev: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: [MISC] Points systems

Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 12:21:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

 Jon (GZG) writes:
 > The main thing that I've gathered from the recent discussion is not
that we
 > need a points systems for its own sake, but that what is needed is a
way of
 > at least roughly balancing ad-hoc games; how many people would be
happy with
 > achieving this in a non-points-based way, such as suggested here?

This sounds like a very good system - instead of mucking around with
points values - and probably having to list _every_ weapon, system, etc
used in SG2, just have a page or two of tables - start with 'Roll dX+X
for
force size...etc' and go on from there.

Jeff, do you want to expand on your original suggestion & post, say,
sample tables or something?

Later,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
DS2 & SG2 Webpage:http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774

Prev: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: [MISC] Points systems