Prev: RE: Bugs Next: RE: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

From: "Buji Kern" <mrbuji@w...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:39:30 -0700
Subject: Re: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

>I've collected figures for Stargrunt and I've got platoon and company
sized
>units for a couple of	units in the GZG universe. I'm curious as who is
using
>what figures. How do you have them painted up?

I've only bought a few figures so far..one 6 man squad [1] each of NAC
and
FSE. Plus an NSL squad I bought and painted for my Dad.

>Are you using "historical" camo patterns or colors? I've done the
following:

Not really, although the NSL guys are historical-influenced. One thing:
paint all my weapons black drybrushed with dark grey, as I assume all
2300
guns will be mostly plastic. Sometimes I paint GMS/Ps different colors
though, see below.

>1. FSE

Light sand-yellow (Polly Scale Soviet Sand) with dark green body armor,
Tamiya Red Brown spots and flat black dots. Kit (packs, pouches etc.)
and
facemasks I painted Tamiya German Grey (dark grey). Ral Partha Astral
Blue
visors, black boots, and dark green GMS/Ps. Raw Umber oil paint wash.

>2. NSL

Tamiya Field Grey (WWII Feldgrau) with Tamiya Flat Earth and Model
Master
Pale Green spots. Pale Green drybrush and a black oil paint wash. GMS/Ps
are
black.

>3. NAC

Dark green (Polly Scale NATO Green) with Tamiya Khaki stripes (and kit)
and
black armor. Hand mixed oil drybrush and black oil paint wash. Tamiya
Khaki
GMS/Ps.

>I'm using all GZG figures mounted on heavily textured round
slota-bases.

I textured a couple of my bases, as an experiment, using a mud mixture I
use
in 1/35 scale armor modelling. It's a mixture of Elmer's type glue,
coffee
grounds and brown acrylic paint (Tamiya Flat Earth in this case). Looks
pretty good.

>Perry

-Buji

Prev: RE: Bugs Next: RE: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle