Prev: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle Next: RE: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:08:38 +0100
Subject: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

[snip]

>As for cardboard counters littering the battle field and using
cardboard
>tokens in stead of miniatures, I see them as just part of playing
wargames
>and don't get to annoyed when they distract from the aesthetic appeal
of
>the table/game.  Dice do that already so it seems a litle pointless
getting
>annoyed at some counters on the table as well.
>
>Wayne.

You don't have to have the counters on the table if you don't want them
(with the exception of ones for hidden stuff like mines, snipers etc.,
which most other rules sets use (or similar) anyway) - as we mention in
the
rules, it is perfectly OK to either keep the counters on a unit roster
sheet off the table, or even to dispense with the counters and write the
unit values on the roster sheet. We simply find that having the counter
by
the unit or figure makes it much harder to forget (accidentally or even
deliberately - perish the thought....:) exactly what a unit's status is
at
that moment. It's all down to personal choice.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle Next: RE: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle