Prev: Re: SV: [SG2] You'll never take me alive,... [OT] Next: Re: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:21:03 +1000
Subject: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability

Niall Gilsenan wrote:

> On a complete tangent is it true that Australian special forces were
> recently authorised to make use of steroids and other performance
enhancing
> drugs usually used by athletes (illegally)?

Dunno. Certainly amphetamines have been used (under medical supervison)
before now. The main problem is how to administer enough to tide through
the emergency, and yet not cause permanent damage to the system.

> If it is this gives me a vision of the OU police forces shunning power
> armour in favour of being doped up to the gills with boosters and pain
> killers?  Cheaper than power armour I suppose.

In the long term, no. Pensions, compensation, bad morale due to people
dying of heart attacks in their 30's etc.

> On one other point whats happened to the Indonesian Commonwealth in
FT?
> I'd nearly forgotten about them but they strike me as being important
minor
> players in the overall scheme of things.

Pass.
 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: SV: [SG2] You'll never take me alive,... [OT] Next: Re: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle