Prev: Scenario cards (was: RE: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle) Next: Re: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

Re: FT tactics?

From: Brendan <denian@s...>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 23:14:54 -0700
Subject: Re: FT tactics?

Derek Smyk wrote:
> Otherwise, what are the "best" tactics to attempt with various fleet
> makeups and in various scenarios?  Anyone care to share their
experience
> with me, or shall I just continue losing countless personnel to my
> blunders? <g>
It really depends on your preferred style of play.  As a general rule
though, do the opposite to what your opponent wants you to do.	If
they're using a sniper fleet (class-4 beam fire/ long rang pulse torps)
close assault with subpacs & fighters, etc.

One main point for any fleet, you need to use combined arms effectively
& balance what you want to do, with the survivability of your fleet.
There is no point in fielding 100% beam weapons when your opponent
stands off & pounds you with Salvo Missiles & fighters.

Also, don't neglect the importance of broadsides on your ships, as after
the initial combat pass, it becomes a turning battle, with beam shots
determining the victor (my personal response to this is Port & starboard
subpacs, big punch, low mass).

'Neath Southern Skies

Prev: Scenario cards (was: RE: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle) Next: Re: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle