Prev: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: (OT) FYI: 40K 3rd Ed. Review

RE: Acquiring mini spiders and Ants for your DS scenarios.

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:22:46 +1000
Subject: RE: Acquiring mini spiders and Ants for your DS scenarios.

-----Original Message-----
From: Los [mailto:los@cris.com]

 > The Alien troops in question:

 > 1: 1/2" (12mm) Ants Black  $1.50 US per gross #39-699
 > 2. 2" (50mm) Spiders Black 1.80 US per gross #39-8
 > 3. 3/4" (20mm) Black flies w/ clear wings $1.25 US per gross #39-46

 > They get you on shipping $&.00 US for orders under $35.00 If that's
too
steep, my sister and I	> >are putting in an order and I can pick up
extra
bugs for whoeer wants them and mail them out.

 > Now having acquired a gazillion bugs, how do we empoly them in DS or
SG?

Stargrunt

 I have toyed (forgive the pun) of using the bugs in squads of, say,
2xd6
bugs. Simply a 4 or 6 inch circle of card base with teh bugs piled on!!
When engaging the bugs simply count the number of potential casualties
as
hits and remove that many bugs!?  Move them only in d12 inches once per
game
turn and close combat attacks are automatic if the combat roll brings
them
into contact with a squad. Little bugs roll d8 in close combat and big
bugs
d12. Squads of flying bugs roll 1 d6 for squad size and move 2d12
inches. If
they pass over a human squad, roll a d8 for each bug vs the quality die
of
the squad. A major success results in potential 'snatches'  - bugs d8 vs
quality for each potential snatchee, OR a passing 'slash' - bugs d8 vs
armour for a casualty.

Dirtside

Try a similar number of bugs and use all chits valid; the number is the
number of hits! Not thought through enough of the rest of the rules.

 Any other thoughts?? I'm yet to find a suitable source of reasonable
bugs -
I've been haunting the "$2" shops and toy stores to no avail!!

Cheers,

Owen G

Prev: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: (OT) FYI: 40K 3rd Ed. Review