Prev: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: *New DS2/SG2 website*

Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 01:58:28 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability

At 21:09 22/09/98 +1000, you wrote:
>I wonder how many Non-Australians are familiar with Ned Kelly? Sort of
>the Oz equivt of Jesse James - or for that matter, Vladimir Ilyich
>Ulyanov.
>
>Look him up. You might be interested to see for how long Crims have had
>a) Body Armour and b) Superior Firepower.
>

>--
>aebrain@dynamite.com.au     <> <>    How doth the little Crocodile
>| Alan & Carmel Brain|      xxxxx	 Improve his shining tail?
>| Canberra Australia |  xxxxxHxHxxxxxx _MMMMMMMMM_MMMMMMMMM
> abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au	o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo	oo oo	  oo
>		     By pulling MAERKLIN Wagons, in 1/220 Scale

	The problem with poor Ned was that he forgot to protect his
legs. The
armour was very heavy (old ploughshears) which slowed him down and the
helemt only had a small slot for him to look out of so that he couldn't
see
the police getting behind him. No bullet went through the armour but Ned
took several hits to the arms and legs.
	In short the armour was OK if you were in a situation where you
couldnt be
flanked and didnt have to move much, but not much chop outside.
	If you are going to do something like this in SG then perhaps a
gang of
crims might have 2 or 3 suits of homemade PA. Say move 4", armour D12
but
arms or hands exposed (harder to get the electronics to work right) so
that
when hit roll on PA cas table but you cant kill him ('less blow the
neighbourhood), basic SAW and maybe SMG.
	Now for all those Poms that know the sound of Rolfe Harris
voice....
	"Poor Ned, Your better off dead, Least they wouldn't hang you
high, Poor

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: *New DS2/SG2 website*