Prev: RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity Next: Re: SV: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability

Re: SV: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 10:11:39 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: SV: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity

You wrote:

>> Myth.  Ever checked the percentages of crime which is actually
carried  >> out with assault rifles?

>The *percentage* is pretty irrelevant IMO - the actual numbers are.
There >have been at least three bank robberies in the Stockholm area

>queue waiting to get into a night club some years back, the MC gangs
in >the south of Sweden seem to favour AT-4 anti-tank weapons or SMGs,
but >have used assault guns as well, and so on.

>Don't try telling me those crimes are myths. Criminals, at least in

The common perception is that this is business as usual for criminals.
That is a myth.  The fact is that it is incredibly rare--I recall a
policeman telling me the most common weapon used in murders he's been
involved with is a .22 pistol.	Murder, like child abuse, is primarily
a crime committed by family members.  The majority of gang murders are
done at short range with automatic pistols.  At anything longer than
point blank, typically they can't hit whatever they are aiming at,
which is where we get dead innocent bystanders.

>This is very true. When the push comes to shove, the chances are
>unfortunately rather small that the police will have time enough to
bring >the heavy stuff in in time to stop it - MC gangs are pretty
mobile, like.

No--but you can get it there in time to catch them--no outfit is more
mobile than a radio wave. (Except space pirates, of course, and then
only using FTL).

John M. Atkinson
whose cops drive grav vans and have VTOLs available--no low-mob wheeled
type can outrun them!