Prev: Re: erm... power armour Next: Acquiring mini spiders and Ants for your DS scenarios.

Re: 9mm, coppers--was RE: PA availability

From: laserlight <laserlight@m...>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 21:14:09 -0400
Subject: Re: 9mm, coppers--was RE: PA availability

> 9mm ain't that bad. But, as far as I know, criminals can and do use

  I sell industrial plastics, including polycarbonate laminates
("bulletproof glass").	The factory sent us some samples of 1.250"
sheet,
composed of 2 layers 0.125 thick sandwiching two layers 0.500"
thick--and
the samples had been tested, just to help make the point.  The 9mm Hi
Power
slug penetrated 3 layers (ie 1.125") and dimpled the last layer.  The
.45
cal only penetrated the first (.125") layer, whereupon it fragmented.
  The moral of the story, of course, is "don't get shot."

Prev: Re: erm... power armour Next: Acquiring mini spiders and Ants for your DS scenarios.