Prev: Re: SGII tanks and such.. -Reply Next: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availab

RE: [MISC] Bring and Battle

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 10:40:35 -0500
Subject: RE: [MISC] Bring and Battle

Now, Tim, be fair. He wasn't saying any other game is better or worse,
just
that we're arrogant (I'm assuming obnoxiously so.) ;->= Probably from
underdog status.

Personally, I've already admitted that I don't care for SG or DS, but
love
FT. I admit that makes me a simple sort. And, I'd be the first to admit
holes in FT, though it 'is getting better'. (Old man's voice from Monty
Python and the Holy Grail.)

Plenty of arrogant folks dedicated to any game you care to mention. I
personally apologize for any arrogance in my words.

The_Beast

PS. As an aside, Yes, Minister and Yes, PM have played in the US on PBS;
Yes, Minister is even available on tape from Signals.  Charming little
show.

"Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@Smallworld.co.uk> on 09/21/98 09:10:13 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

 To:	  FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

 cc:	  (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

>They are at least a hell of a lot less arrogant than GZG gamers....

This is a rather sweeping generalisation. I'd rather be called a
Sad Star Trek Space Gamer, who has tried them all and found FT
to be the space combat game *I* like the best.

They may not very good for B&B gaming, but they aren't designed for
that sort of gaming encounter (not that wanting to play such games
is wrong. The point system is too loose and house rules are pivotal
to the game.

Lets not degenerate into 'my games better than your game'
because it all comes down to what suits *you*

tim jones
---
-----

Prev: Re: SGII tanks and such.. -Reply Next: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availab