Prev: Re: [FT universe] Next: Re: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers

Re: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers

From: tom.anderson@a...
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 13:55:51 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers

 ---- los wrote:
> Thomas Barclay wrote:
> > And if I ever finish my long awaited treatise on non-lethal weapons
> Don't forget a finely perfected Puke laser.

[note to colonials: there is a british stand-up comic
called Eddie Izzard who often does skits based on quite
geeky things such as 'star trek' or 'escape from colditz:
the boardgame']

there is an eddie izzard sketch where he proposes some
new, and quite amusing, modes for the phasers from star
trek. so, "set phasers to ..."
- limp: the target twists an ankle
- ice cream van going past: the targets veer off from the attack and go
and buy ice cream
- depress: the targets become too depressed to attack.
- sudden interest in botany: the targets stop and examine the plants
they are standing on. not so much use in urban environments.

there were more, but i think this illustrates some of the many options
open to designers of non-lethal weapons.

Tom

Prev: Re: [FT universe] Next: Re: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers