Prev: Re: OT: WWII carriers, was:FTFB- After Action Report/Newbie questions Next: Re: FCT, Small is Relative.

Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availab

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 17:58:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availab

George,Eugene spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> 2) Armed (Most US (Canadian? Mexican? Street Cops/Sheriffs, Armored
car
> guards) Have small caliber handguns, shotguns for defense/offense. May
have
> light body armor.

I know of some RCMP detachments where they don't even have shotguns
anymore in the cars. (They didn't use them enough to merit the
maintenance).

> 3) Paramilitary (SWAT Teams, Carbinieri,???) Armed with smg's, sniper
> rifles, assault rifles. Light body armor a must, at least.

Some SWAT teams have BA better than military BA with full steel or
ceramic inserts and full torso, neck, head, groin, and thigh
protection and ballistic kneegaurds. And some SWAT snipers have
better sniper weapons for their purposes (most shots under 200m) than
the military snipers.

> 4) Military  Indistinguishable from the local military. (Banana
Republics,
> Soviet KGB Border Guards/ Customs Guards) Probably less (or no)
> artillery/armor support though....

US MPs?

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: OT: WWII carriers, was:FTFB- After Action Report/Newbie questions Next: Re: FCT, Small is Relative.