Prev: Re: [Rules/OT] Shockforce? Next: Re: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers

[SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability

From: "George,Eugene M" <Eugene.M.George@k...>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 14:19:53 -0700
Subject: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability

Which brings me to another point, once gone 'round a while back. "Less
Lethal Force" now, I don't want to dredge that up again per se, but I
was
thinking about levels of police armaments around our azure sphere. The
Metropolitans are armed only with truncheons, right? Then other branches
of
local (and national?) police/paramilitary forces are armed with
pistols/shotguns/s.m.g's as a matter of course. In the USA we choose to
give
fairly inadequate weapons to most of our Law Enforcement types, save in
certain SWAT/Response Teams. What's the level of armaments around our
little
global GZG community?

I figure three or four arbitrary levels:
1) Unarmed (Bobbies? Some American Mall Security/Bank Guards)
Truncheons,
Pepper Spray

2) Armed (Most US (Canadian? Mexican? Street Cops/Sheriffs, Armored car
guards) Have small caliber handguns, shotguns for defense/offense. May
have
light body armor.

3) Paramilitary (SWAT Teams, Carbinieri,???) Armed with smg's, sniper
rifles, assault rifles. Light body armor a must, at least.

4) Military  Indistinguishable from the local military. (Banana
Republics,
Soviet KGB Border Guards/ Customs Guards) Probably less (or no)
artillery/armor support though....

I'm curious to the local levels and organization names around our big
wide
web, and opinions/ ideas on the GZG future history counterparts.

Gene

Gene

THEN?"

tom.anderson@altavista.net[SMTP:tom.anderson@altavista.net]