Prev: Re: FCT, Small is Relative. Next: Re: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers

Re: Locating deep space supply caches

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 13:53:24 -0500
Subject: Re: Locating deep space supply caches

Course, the other point is, if current theory is correct, Oort(sorry, no
umlauts) clouds reach out roughly a third of the distance to nearest
star,
least, in the density of our region of the galaxy. As well as a third of
the distance FROM that nearest star. You can find ice balls IN what most
folks think of as deep space...

I had thought of this before as a good reason for not going out
thousands
of AU's and making screaming runs at planets; however, I'm still
avoiding
that thread, so I won't go into details.

The_Beast

Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@ford.com> on 09/18/98 08:54:29 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

 To:	  FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

 cc:	  (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

 Subject: Locating deep space supply caches

If your jump technology is capable of bringing you out in interstellar
space, you could always just establish your cache and put a powerful,
omni-directional broadcast beacon on it, and count on its useful term of
service being shorter than the 10-15 years it will take the radio signal
to reach the nearest inhabited system. . .

Prev: Re: FCT, Small is Relative. Next: Re: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers