Prev: Re: [semi, hell!, completely] [OT]MREs, was PA & various B.S..was Women wargamers Next: Re: [FT universe] was [URL] New Star and Campaign Maps

Re: [semi OT] Campaign backgrounds was RE: [semi OT] Women wargam ers

From: John and Roxanne Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 21:00:18 -0700
Subject: Re: [semi OT] Campaign backgrounds was RE: [semi OT] Women wargam ers

Glover, Owen wrote:

> My humblest apologies for making such a comment. obviously if more
than 3
> people are interested in a thread it is worthwhile.
>
> Consider my head pulled in.

Owen and All,
     (What follows is My personal opinion!)

     Not ALL threads are interesting ALL the time but most threads
have items on interest/value MOST of the time.	 Even if the
ideas are not useful in the near term, or like the politics discussion
that is mentioned here, it can be used to provide background for
scenrios.   (However, this is not of use in the current campaign,
because the campaign is designed to provide the participants with
self designed ships in the FTII background.   (Or to put it more
simply, just as a means to generate (not necessarily equal) FT
games.

     Sometimes, the message type you sent is useful to end a topic
that has drifted to far, and sometimes you need to go sit on a block
of ice after the transmision.  (You pay your money, you take your
chances!)

Bye for now,
John L.