Prev: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2. Next: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers

RE: [semi OT] Women wargamers

From: John Skelly <canjns@c...>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:38:17 -0400
Subject: RE: [semi OT] Women wargamers

Good point.  If you thought your starport thing through you may come to
this
conclusion: Starport is FIBUA (street fighting) what better way to clear
out
a starport than with infantry armed with PA?  The other alternative
would be
to set up a DZ collect your forces and mount an assault (great scenario)
but
why?  To give them time to collect a defense?  To fight through to the
star
port just to find hand to hand when you get there?  Please read my
response
to jatkins in terms of my future vu=ision isn't the be all and end all.

Have to add this: that radioactive glass would make one fine landing
strip
;-)

There
> > could be any number of political or other reason for not nuking from
> > orbit. Overwhelming air and Naval Superiuority very rarely means
jack
> > shit to the grunt on the ground that has to go in and winkle the
bastard
> > out. Especially after the first minute of stepping off watever
transport
> > and finding a mass of fire coming at you. Sure it can help a bit if
> > applied intelligently, but ususally you still have to get in there.
> > Especially when the president is on the Theater Commanders back to
DO