Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Re: GZG List? FT Asteroids, anyone?

Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish.

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 12:37:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish.

John spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> Nope.  It's perfectly good for a cross-cultural liason organization
and
> secret service, or whatever Rangers (B5, not Ft. Benning) are supposed

> to be, but I don't want some joker who's meditating and thinks a metal

> pole is a wonderful weapon covering me on a breach.

Of course, if that same individual is profficient in flying and
fighting a starship, secret insertions of special operations teams,
languages, comms, unarmed combat (including using poles) and armed
combat using PPGs and other personal and support weapons, he might be
more than an asset to any team.

Now, given that I agree with your point about the training of combat
arms differing from the special ops type forces like the rangers (who
also do intel, vip protection, infiltration, etc), I have to say your
last comment I can't concur with. Rangers are profficient with the
Minbari whatchamacallitstick but I think it quite likely most are
skilled in various small arms too. The stick just makes less noise in
close quarters and doesn't give energy discharges that can be picked
up by sensors. :)

Tom
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Re: GZG List? FT Asteroids, anyone?