Prev: Re: [FT universe] was [URL] New Star and Campaign Maps/Novel Next: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish

Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish

From: SRKOALA@a...
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 22:59:48 EDT
Subject: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish

<< Can't speak for many TV shows (though it wasn't the *male* captain of
an
 Omega-class who rammed in Severed Dreams!), but if you're thinking of
 Vanessa Murakuma in In Death Ground (by Weber), she flew her colours
from
 a Viper-class battleship until it got too badly shot up in 3rd Justin -
 she then moved to a superdreadnought. There are lots of female admirals
 in Weber's books, BTW - most of them command the heaviest ships
available
 (Erika Wilson, Jessica van der Gelder, Hannah Avram just to mention a
 few).

 'Course, Weber is a man himself and might not have noticed the
difference
 in mental vewpoints :-) >>
Good point, I forgot about the flag change for Muakuma.
I think that with my original ideas I missed some very imported points.
Bye
Stephen

Prev: Re: [FT universe] was [URL] New Star and Campaign Maps/Novel Next: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish