Prev: Re: Babylon Five game Next: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]

Re: BIG TANK

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:42:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: BIG TANK

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Kelvin wrote in reply to Aaron Davis:
>
> > >Size 12, Armour 12 Grav, FGP, 2 DFFG/5 Turrered. 2 HEL/5 Turreded,
1
> > >MDC/5 turred, 2 APSW, GMS/H Supior gidiance, Supior fire control,
11
> > >Stealth, Supior ECM, 362 points. I do no have DS/2 but I downloaded
> > >Thrust and It got a DS vechial maker so I decied to make a very BIG
> > >tank.
> >
> > Only 362 points?  There's something seriously wrong with the DSII
> vehicle
> > generator you are using then.  I have much, much smaller vehicles
that
> are
> > more expensive than your monster.  My guess is there is a serious
> glitch in
> > the program!
>
> Hm - let's see:
>
> Size 12  ->	12x5		=     60 pts
> Armour 12 ->	60x12x.2	=   144 pts
> Grav drive -> 1x(60+144)	=   204 pts
> FGP plant ->	0.6x(60+144)	=   123 pts (FRU)
>
> 2xDFFG/5 ->	2x5x15		=   150 pts
> 2xHEL/5 ->	2x5x12		=   120 pts
> MDC/5 ->	5x10		=     50 pts
> Superior FC ->	4x5		=     20 pts
> 1 extra APSW	 4		=	4 pts
> GSM/H/Super.	 60		=     60 pts
>
> Stealth 11 -> 20x11x12	= 2640 pts
> Superior ECM	 45		=    45 pts
> Total cost:			  3620 pts

3620 pts for one vehicle, which can kill one target a turn. For 2500
pts,
I can feild an entire COMPANY of Size5 superheavy tanks, each with
2xMDC/4. That's ten tanks...(I just finished painting them...)

This 'supertank' is even less dangerous than a proper multi-FireConned
Ogre, and with much less firepower than one Company of my sprhvies I've
walloped Ogres, right Murray?

I'm afraid that this isn't a "BIG TANK", but just a "BIG TARGET"...

Later,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)