Prev: Re: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report Next: (OT/DS/SG/FT) DS/SG for B5 and Re: Claudia Cuddling....

Re: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report

From: jeremy claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:00:13 +0100 ()
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report

>	Heh.  A while ago, my pretty wife and I were at a local
>	wargame shop called The Armory (in Baltimore).	She is not
>	a gamer.  I was across the room examining the miniatures, and
>	she wandered past the gaming tables, where several
>	male gamers were playing some miniatures game.
>
>	One of them glanced up at her, and did a double-take.
>	"WHAT!??!?" he thought, "a FEMALE!  In a gaming shop!"
>
>	Then he noticed me, and almost visible deflated.
>	"oh...she's already taken".
>
>	My wife noted that these gamer guys were actually
>	well groomed and looked kind of nice.  She had the
>	thought that all those lonely women who cannot find
>	dates could do worse than dress up, wander into
>	a game shop, and approach the gaming table while
>	asking "How is this game played?"

Yeah I noticed this so when I used to buy Games Workshop figures :) NOTE
WHEN
I used to send the misses in. She would have them on their hands and
knees searching the
dark corners of their stock room just to find the one figure I needed. I
even got away
with sending her in with a description of a figure to see if they had
anything like it!
Everytime I asked I got a simple don't think so. :)
The power of the opposite sex ;)
jeremy claridge
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: Re: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report Next: (OT/DS/SG/FT) DS/SG for B5 and Re: Claudia Cuddling....