Prev: RE: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report Next: Re: GZG OT Duck the tape

Re: [URL] Near Star Map

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 21:34:38 -0400
Subject: Re: [URL] Near Star Map

Tim Jones wrote:

> I have created a near star map in easy to read GIF format
> its in the FT Computer Core - Maps section 37Kb.
>
> This was created with ftmap program from a data file supplied
> by Winchell Chung (Nyrath the Nearly Wise) from the Gliese
> star catalog. It shows all stars within 7pc of Sol. The scale
> is in 10th parsecs so 10 is 1pc.

	Great map you made with the data, Tim!	Great graphics.

	But it could use a companion listing, as the map
	has a limited indication of how high the stars are
	above and below the map's surface.

	Otherwise, it is a fine addition to the FT computer core.

	( I wrote a quick program that digested the Gliese data
	and outputted the data in ftmap format, according
	to Tim's specifications. )

Prev: RE: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report Next: Re: GZG OT Duck the tape