Prev: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...] Next: RE: [SG2] Morale Suggestion: Enfilade

Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 09:46:32 +0100
Subject: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]

>Ground Zero Games wrote:
>
>> As usual, we spent much of the time admiring the various vampire and
elf
>> costumes and the young ladies who were almost wearing them
>
>	Obviously Europe breeds a much more attractive female gamer than
we do
>on our side of the Atlantic.  Trust me, girl watching at our GenCon is
>(with a couple of RARE exceptions) an exercise in masochism.  The
>mailing list delegation made up for it by going to Hooters on Saturday.
>(Sigh..... I still can't get that red-head out of my mind...)

Oh, we have our share of ones for the flesh-fetishists too!! LARP and
associated things seem to be an excuse for exhibitionist tendencies to
come
out in most gamer girls of whatever shape and gross tonnage........ Mind
you there were a good few extremely cute ones there!

>> Highlight of the Con has to be Claudia Christian as GOH, who is a
lovely
>> lady with an evil sense of humour and a staggering capacity for
alcohol.

>	Of course... she's Russian. ;-)
[snip]

>> Jon (GZG), who probably disclaims most of the responsibility for
anything
>> said above and will deny eveything if pressed. Having had Claudia
cuddle up
>> to me for a photo, my life is now complete......  :)
>
>	SIGH.... Claudia was at US GenCon too.	However I have this
"thing"
>about celebrities; they make me nervous.  The best I could do was catch
>the occasional glimpse of her signing autographs at the Precedence
>booth.

The really nice thing is that instead of being shepherded around by
minders
and organisers and only allowed near us slavering gamers under carefully
controlled conditions, Claudia (and the other guests) was mixing freely
with everyone and having a great time (until she fell down while very,
very
drunk and did something nasty to her ankle - she was in plaster on
Saturday....). I got some lovely photos of her signed (paid for them,
but
all money to charity), got the latest issue of SFX signed across an
interview with her and spent a good while just chatting with her.