Prev: Re: Another TD idea Next: Re: Mini Review - New GZG

Re: [GZG MISC] FT, SG2 and DS2 Starter Kits

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 18:40:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG MISC] FT, SG2 and DS2 Starter Kits

>Mark's post about having a SG2 platoon and my own start at buying
official FT
>figures got me thinking about something.

>So, anyone have any suggestions?
>
>For SG2,

I tend to start folks out small, however, they often want to expand so
the
idea of buying a complete platoon sounds fair to me.  Don't GZG already
do
squad packs of the SG figs ? If I remember they are a pack of eight figs
nominally comprising a squad.  A couple, or three packs of these plus SG
II
would make a nice starter set.	One thing which may be slightly more
appealing would be a card stock 'Squad Card' included with the squad.
Then
if the beginner buys two different packs they get troops and instant
info
for gaming rather than wading through the entire book to find individual
info.  After the first couple of games they may then be more inclined to
make up thier own stats/background etc.

Ther are already starter packs for FT arn't there ?  I think there is a
pack with the rules and ships plus two with ships only (I think I bought
one when I started).

Ther used to be several DS II starter packs but they were the old
Copeland
stuff so may no longer exist.

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics	     Tel: (718) 430 4289
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine	      Fax: (718) 430 8778
1300 Morris Park Avenue 			  email:
smurray@aecom.yu.edu
Bronx
New York 10461

Prev: Re: Another TD idea Next: Re: Mini Review - New GZG