Prev: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2. Next: FMA Anyone ?

[SG2] Morale Suggestion: Enfilade

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 14:59:16 GMT
Subject: [SG2] Morale Suggestion: Enfilade

I knew there was something bothering me about the morale rules in SG2,
something missing. Enfilade fire is missing! Being shot at from an
unexpected
direction has no effect on morale.

I suggest the following: if fired on from the rear of the squad (that
is, from
back 180 degree arc based on the "average" direction faced by the
squad),
there is a TL 0/1/3 test (for high/med/low motivation) even if no
casualties
were taken. If there were casualties from this fire, there is a TL
modifier of
0/+1/+2.

Note that this might result in players placing their figures in circles
in
order to eliminate a rear "arc." This is allowable, however the figures
facing
the rear can not participate on firing at enemy units to the front.

This is just a house rule I came up with, untested as yet. I'll try it
and see
how it goes. It does push players to try for enfilade fire (or at least
give
players who do it an advantage).

Allan Goodall	       agoodall@sympatico.ca

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2. Next: FMA Anyone ?