Prev: Re: [SG] Resin rant. was Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon Next: Re: GZG DS2 ADS: Noah's ADS Expansions

RE: [OT] Paranoia (not the game...)

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 19:43:04 -0500
Subject: RE: [OT] Paranoia (not the game...)

Well, maybe it's a function of location, but I have a pretty good game
store here in Indianapolis, USA, and there are new wargames and RPGs
coming
out at the rate of at least one a month - wargames more than RPG, if you

don't include supplements.  Admittedly, TSR/WotC makes up a lot of this,

but there are new wargames, usually battle-specific coming out quite
often,
at least 4 a year, if not more.  Several new system-types have done well

lately, such as Easy Eight's Battleground WW2 miniatures rules - good
game
(on advice of trusted friend), lousy cover art.  Command Decision 3,
Harpoon 4, about 5 East Front games in the last 2 months (yay!).
There's
all sorts of stuff out there.  None of it ever garners a huge market
(barring certain RPGs), but that's how it works.  People with 'the next
Trivial Pursuit' are trying to create a product with enormous mass
appeal.
 Wargame/RPG designers, OTOH, have a pretty well-defined market to deal
with.

Noah