Prev: Re: [DS2]GEVs Next: [SG2] Where's the USG2WWW page gone?

Re: [DS2]GEVs

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 17:56:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS2]GEVs

Tony spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> Hi all,
>
> There is one very important military use for GEVs that no one
> has brought up - coastal landings. After watching "Saving Private
> Ryan" I think that everyone would agree that some GEV tanks would
> be very useful during such incredibly costly landings.
>
> IIRC, the Soviets made a very large GEV landing craft. Not
> particularly well armed, but at least it gets you through the
> intertidal zone...

OTOH, if you count one or more RFAC/2s, GMS/L or H, and AGLs as
poorly armed..... I'd hate to see a well armed GEV. The Russian one
is a big monster and reasonably well equipped (just like its us
counterpart). Twilight 2000 had nice colour plates and descriptions
for these beasties.

Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [DS2]GEVs Next: [SG2] Where's the USG2WWW page gone?