Prev: Re: [DS2]GEVs Next: GZG DS2 GEV: Mobility of GEVs.

Re: Anti-armor mines!

From: Tony Christney <acc@q...>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 14:58:36 -0700
Subject: Re: Anti-armor mines!

At 05:10 PM 9/3/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Not quite, if you look in a Physics (I know that I spelling that wrong)
book
>under gravitey you will find that the grater the mass of an objet the
more
>pull it will have, so you take multiple readings and create a map in a
simular
>manor to the one below and you ethor find a very dense rock or your
mine.

Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that you could devise a
gravity meter that could measure such minute variations in the local
field. Current field gravity meters may be able to detect a
salt dome of several thousand metric tons after many corrections
(usually free-air, Bouguer, topological and tidal). Mines - no way.

If you were to measure such small variations, you would have to get
very close to the mines (probably on the order of centimeters), at
which point you would be in the middle of the mine field...

>      (0) (1)(3)(1)(0)
>	1   2  3  4  5
>(0)1  .   .   .   .   .
>(1)2  .   .  #   .   .
>(3)3  .   # #	#    .
>(1)4  .   .  #  .     .
>
>#=mine
>Bye
>Stephen

       Tony Christney
       acc@questercorp.com

  "If the end user has to worry about how the program was
   written then there is something wrong with that program"
				  -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [DS2]GEVs Next: GZG DS2 GEV: Mobility of GEVs.