Prev: Fleet Book Missile Question Next: Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movi

[DS2]Tank Destroyers

From: <MBaines@v...>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 12:52:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [DS2]Tank Destroyers

Another interesting topic.

I think it is clear the present day Tank Destroyers are VTOLs and fast
Wheeled TOW carriers. However that doesn't mean that it will always be
that
way. Sometimes it's hard to argue about the future, enough said.

The real issue here is that you know it and I know it, Tank Destroyers
are
cool. When you see a picture of a STuG IV SP assault gun you think, that

thing looks way cooler than a Panther! Mostly because it is. So let's
give
the TD a little edge to make up for its weaknesses.

I'm not too worried about the fact that you cannot move and fire with a
TD.
I always "try" to place my TDs in defensive positions with long sighting

distances. The only problem can be with units manuvering just outside of

your arc. I do not think that it is too unrealistic for a TD to rotate
and
retrain a weapon on the moving target over 100 metres away. Maybe this
is
why DS allows a 30 degree arc. Beyond that maybe we should allow the TD
rotate as a movement and fire, even if you have to use one less die for
fire control. Thoughts?

I like the idea of dropping the signature (I didn't think of it) or
giving
a special D8 hull down for all shots?

I like the idea of increasing the frontal armour by one.

If we allowed a larger gun, size class plus 2 then I think you should be

forced to pay for a fast tracked chassis and get slow tracked
performance.
Thoughts?

TDs
-Max Weapon class, vehicle size plus 1 or (plus 2, fast tracked moves as

slow tracked)
-1/2 move, 1/4 move or x degree rotation allowed before firing, fire
control die drops by one.
-Signature is reduced by one or additional hull down D8 appiled.
-Frontal armour may be increased to 1 above vehicle size.
-TDs get +1 at everything because they are cool.

Murray Baines (250)356-9668

Prev: Fleet Book Missile Question Next: Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movi